Please note: We are running a limited range of classes until further notice. From April 1, 2013, due to some scheduling and limitations beyond our control, all Cupcake Treats classes will be run from the Valley View Studio. If you would like to discuss the terms of your voucher from 2012 please email email@example.com so we can offer you a solution.
Why should you come to a class with Cupcake Treats?
• Small classes of 4-6 students maximum means great one on one student support
• Affordable classes of all types of baking and decorating
• Dedicated workshop room in our studio at Valley View with refreshments provided
• Structured lessons with workbooks so you have a record of what you learned
• Main instructor has over three years full time cake decorating and baking experience and Regency TAFE Patisserie School training
• Council accredited workspace
Where are your classes held and how do I register?
All of our classes are held at our Valley View Studio, located just off Nelson Road. They are small classes of 4 – 6 people.
Go to Registration to see what is currently available.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions page before registering.
Classes currently available
• Cupcakes 101 – $80 per student
Learn cupcakes from start to finish at this workshop, from the recipe, baking, icing with buttercream swirls, and an introduction to fondant. You’ll get to take home 6 immaculately decorated cupcakes plus a piping set!
• Cake Basics - $200 per student
Our introductory cake class. Level, layer, fill, coat and cover your own cake with ganache and fondant, and add carefully modelled gumpaste decorations. This class runs over two consecutive days. Includes your 8″ fully decorated cake to take home.
• Sugar Flowers: Roses – $100 per student
Master the art of the gumpaste rose. Includes introduction to gumpaste, dusting, wiring and delicate petal work.
• Dinner Party Dessert Baking – $150 per student
If you’ve ever wanted to learn some tasty and wonderfully presented dinner party desserts, this is the workshop for you! We’ll go through some popular restaurant dessert combinations using ingredients and techniques to make it as easy as possible for you to create them while you’re busy preparing the rest of the dinner menu. Mini Cheesecakes, Lemon Meringue Tartlets, Creme Brûlée, and Sticky Toffee Pudding! Oh, and did we mention you get to try what you make at the class? All instructions provided!
• Vintage Cupcake Workshop – $100 per student.
In this Vintage Cupcake Workshop you will get to take home 6 fully decorated vintage design cupcakes in a window box. Decorated in peach, pink and ivory tones, with bows, quilting and sugar pearls, fondant texturing, flowers and cupcake wrappers!
• Cupcakes 102 – $80 per student
Expand your cupcake knowledge and learn about basic fondant modelling and advanced piping with six different projects and six completed cupcakes to take home.
• Art of Macarons – $120 per student (specific OH&S and age rules apply to this class)
We teach the Italian Meringue method of making macarons. This class runs for at least three hours and includes take home macarons!